With my first week as a college freshman behind me (phew). I finally have some free time to.. blabber on the internet?
Here’s a recap of the week:
1. I finally finalized my schedule (HIstory of Art, People of the Middle east, Writing 100, Creative Writing). I figured I might well take something I know at least a bit about.
2. I still don’t have any friends here. I absolutely hate it. I’m a couple of days short of starting to talk to myself.
3. I can’t tell which is sadder; the fact that I ate lunch at chipotle alone or that when I ordered take out the day after I ate said food on a paper plate because I’m too lazy to clean my dishes.
4. I slept for about 5 hours last night because my obnoxious neighbors wouldn’t stop partying. I understand college is a different experience for them but I’m more bothered by their poor taste in music to be frank. For god’s sake they were playing “I Get Knocked Down.” That ain’t right.
5. I’m watching a disturbing amount of “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” which is both a testament to how humanity is slowly getting dumber and the best reality tv show I’ve ever seen. I can’t get enough!
Now that we’re over the whining session of the week. Well, I actually I don’t have much to say other than that so here’s some stuff that I like!
1. Hidden Beach on Marieta Islands, off the coast of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Isn’t it gorgeous? I just love the idea of a hidden beach!
I started watching this show and it’s really really good. A neuro science professor in Chicago who has schizophrenia and helps the FBI solve cases. I know it sounds far fetched but I swear it’s really interesting. You’ll thank me for recommending it.
3. Spaghetti Inside Meatballs
So I don’t cook but this is the most brilliant dish I’ve ever heard of. Here’s the recipe.
“This is a rare meteorological phenomenon called a skypunch. When people see these, they think it’s the end of the world. Ice crystals form above the high-altitude cirro-cumulo-stratus clouds, then fall downward, punching a hole in the cloud cover.”
Last but not least:
I was understandably depressed this week but this really made me very very happy. Watch the whole video without skipping. I command you!